We are happy to inform you, that next Sunday 09.05.2021 we will upgrade the ZMB virtual machine infrastructure for image processing and data analysis. For you this means substancial more computational power for your image analysis workflows. For a smooth transition please consider the following adjustments:
- Bookings for dates after 10.05.2021 can only be made after the migration has been completed (09.05.2021 23:59). We deleted all the bookings for this period so please make sure you rebook your VM after Sunday.
- After 10.05.2021 please refresh Citrix -> upper right corner -> "Refresh Apps", in order to see the new VMs.
- All VMs have now high performance(!), so there is only one type of VMs. You will find all the technical details here
- We also redistributed dedicated software on the so called "Special VMs" for a more efficient usage of resources. Check our software list here
- Software packages like the Olympus ScanR and LAS X Falcon can now be used from more VMs. Keep in mind you will need to additionally book an accessory on our reservation system and activate it in your VM once you log in. More details are available here.
- In addition, we have now more storage space and can increase the retention time for your data from 60 to 180 days. Please check our updated retention policy here (under Data saving).
- We will also inform you 14 days in advance which data will be deleted, so that you have more time to transfer your data. More information on the different saving options is available here (under Data saving).
We are confident that this upgrade will significantly improve your image processing experiences! Please let us know if you have any questions or if you encounter any issues on the new VMs.